Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Beam me up Scotty!



This looks familiar...in fact it looks like my Samsung Mobile Phone with internet access and built in camera!
Next to the Classic Phaser, the Star Trek Communicator is one of Science Fiction’s most popular props. This is also one of Star Trek’s most accurate predictions, the hand held communication device. Back in the mid-sixties, the idea of such a technological marvel was only a dream, but nowadays we think nothing of a mobile phone with caller ID, custom ringing, light up activation, camera and even broadband internet access.


No wonder Captain Kirk was always attached to it!

Amazing how a simple analogue prop with LED's can turn into a digital masterpiece that we can't live without!


Last night I was playing with an iphone in the Apple shop at Trafford Centre, the ultimate communicator. I feel like i'm missing out on the latest technology. I see people using this technology as part of their life, even kids, but I am trying to understand the technology instead of accepting it. Trouble is ... I can't accept what I don't understand!

What was it Bob Dylan said...

Don't criticise what you don't understand!

Well, I don't criticise, its great technology!

No comments: