Sunday, February 14, 2010

Memories!



Here are a couple of photos I found of my shack back in the 1970's and 80's. (Click to enlarge)
The top photo shows the Hallicrafters SX24 receiver with my 2m transmitter next to it, then my 160m / 80m transverter, above is my pride and joy 70cm tranverter with it's QQVO-320 valves. I used this tranverter for transmitting television pictures! You can also see the rather crude ATU.
The lower photo was taken in the early 1980's with my FT101E (I still have it!) rotator control box, 2m transverter in the dicast box and my all band VHF receiver that I built (and still have!)
Above is my VHF Frequency counter, power meter an Z-Match.
The amazing thing about these these photos is that I am sat here in modern shack in the same room looking at the same walls!

No comments: